Olive fields by Noreen

Olive fields by Noreen
Mysterious, primordial world

Wednesday 21 September 2016

LATE SUMMER in IRELAND

It was wonderful to see the Irish coastline as our flight descended towards Dublin.  The weather was pleasant and we had a few days in Dublin with our daughter before we all headed to Cork to my sister later that week. One of the places we strolled around in Dublin was the Memorial gardens. Such a beautiful place in remembrance of all those who died in both world wars.


The weather in Cork was sunny with some clouds but I found I needed my cardigan and scarf when walking on my favourite Co. Cork beach of Youghal.  Temperatures only about 17c but ideal for walking.


We were a little like tourists taking in a tour of the beautiful Spike Island in Cork harbour.  We had a picnic lunch on the beach and this photo below is the view of the town of Cobh from Spike Island.


Mr. D. and I walked everyday,  we didn't have to go far to see beautiful fields and watch the wheat as the breeze flowed through it making it look at times like a sea of gold just in time before it was harvested!  Field above near Carrigaloe, on the great island,  not far from the town of Cobh. Field below on the east of the great island,  near Marleogue wood.





I celebrated a big birthday this year and my sister organised a party for me.  It turned out to be a wonderful evening with family and friends.  I was given this bear from another very thoughtful lady and she new enjoys my photos of him as he accompanies me on my travels.

 

Photo of Fuchsia on roadsides on the Dingle peninsula.


The beauty of the west of Ireland must be seen to be believed.  No camera can really capture it.  You need to go there.  There are mountains, valleys, little roads and miles and miles of unspoilt beaches.  It always takes my breath away.....
The Dingle peninsula.


Fishing on Banna beach, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
 





Dunquin. Dún Chaoin, meaning "Caon's stronghold", is a Gaeltacht village which lies at the Western tip of the Dingle Peninsula, overlooking the Blasket Islands. We spent a lovely evening basking in the August sunshine before heading back to Dublin for our flights  back to Turkey.
 Ireland,  see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment